Louis Armstrong Very Best Of
One of the most influential figures in jazz, Louis Armstrong was not only a master trumpeter but also a charismatic singer. This compilation, "The Very Best Of Louis Armstrong," beautifully encapsulates the essence of Armstrong's illustrious career, with a mix of his solo work and outstanding collaborations.
- "Mack the Knife": A vibrant interpretation of a classic, showcasing Armstrong's ability to take any song and make it distinctly his own.
- "Hello Dolly": The title track of the musical, Armstrong's version became so popular it knocked The Beatles out of the top spot on the charts in 1964.
- "Basin Street Blues": A soulful ode to the birthplace of jazz, Armstrong's version is bluesy and rich.
- "C'est Si Bon": Armstrong's voice and trumpet bring a jazzy twist to this French chanson.
- "Cheek to Cheek (Feat. Ella Fitzgerald)": This duet with Ella Fitzgerald is a testament to the chemistry between two of jazz's greatest voices.
- "La Vie En Rose": Armstrong's trumpet and voice make this French classic uniquely his, imbuing it with heartfelt emotion.
- "Blueberry Hill": A song filled with nostalgia, Armstrong's version is iconic and evokes a sense of longing.
- "Ain't Misbehavin'": A cheerful, classic jazz tune where Armstrong's vocals shine.
- "When You're Smiling (The Whole World Smiles With You)": A quintessential Armstrong track, uplifting and infectious.
- "Georgia On My Mind": Armstrong's raspy voice beautifully captures the soul of this timeless classic.
- "Gone Fishin' (Feat. Bing Crosby)": This playful duet with Bing Crosby is a delightful tale of taking a break and enjoying the simple things in life.
- "Dream a Little Dream of Me (Feat. Ella Fitzgerald)": Another mesmerizing collaboration with Ella, their voices blend seamlessly in this dreamy ballad.
- "When the Saints Go Marching In": A New Orleans gospel hymn turned jazz standard by Armstrong's magic touch.
- "Cotton Tail (Feat. Duke Ellington)": A collaboration with Duke Ellington, this track is a brilliant fusion of two jazz titans.
Louis Armstrong's impact on the world of jazz and beyond is immeasurable. His innovative vocal techniques, exceptional trumpet playing, and larger-than-life personality have left an indelible mark on the music industry. This compilation serves as a fitting tribute to a musician whose legacy continues to inspire and resonate with listeners worldwide.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER €75
Tracked Shipping to Ireland & Northern Ireland is a Flat €4.99, no matter how many items you order. Orders are generally delivered within 2 working days.
Please Contact Us if you wish to discuss a return and we will help in any way we can.
Vinyl Available to Ship From Ireland or for Click & Collect from:
Zhivago Gifts - Shop Street - Galway